Abel set the bar for high-end nippers when they debuted back in 2007. It has been the only nipper available with dual cutting surfaces versus a cutter-and-anvil design, making it the premier cutting tool on the market for everything from 8X tippet to braid.
The new nipper takes that same principle, but puts it together with new ergonomics, type III anodized bodies, as well as a brand new magnetic “spring.”
Two sets of rare earth magnets keep the jaws open without a hinge that can be subject to corrosion issues while also acting as a reliable “fly dock” to attach your flies to while rigging.
Available with 3 body color options, and our full range of solid gloss colors on the central scale, there are over 54 different combinations to choose from.
- Mil-Spec Type III anodize, machined 7075 aluminum body
- Custom-anodized 6061 aluminum body inserts
- Replaceable 440C stainless steel jaws, heat treated to 58 Rockwell, and user sharpenable
- Opposing rare earth magnets work as a spring that won’t corrode or fail
- Magnetic fly dock designated for temporarily storing and rigging flies
- Replaceable stainless steel hook eye cleaner
- Easily adjustable lanyard made of polyurethane braid, and machined aluminum
- Made in USA